Subject: Cu Digest, #5.68 - Special Issue on Biblio Cites
From: Cu-Digest <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1993 22:18:08 CDT

Computer underground Digest    Wed  Sep 1 1993   Volume 5 : Issue 68
                           ISSN  1004-042X

       Editors: Jim Thomas and Gordon Meyer ([email-masked])
       Archivist: Brendan Kehoe
       Shadow-Archivists: Dan Carosone / Paul Southworth
                          Ralph Sims / Jyrki Kuoppala
                          Ian Dickinson
    Cookie Editor: Etaoin Shrdlu, III

CONTENTS, #5.68 (Sep 1 1993)
File 1--SPECIAL ISSUE -- THE INFORMATION SOCIETY (Biblio list)

Cu-Digest is a weekly electronic journal/newsletter. Subscriptions are
available at no cost electronically from [email-masked]. The
editors may be contacted by voice (815-753-0303), fax (815-753-6302)
or U.S. mail at:  Jim Thomas, Department of Sociology, NIU, DeKalb, IL
60115.

Issues of CuD can also be found in the Usenet comp.society.cu-digest
news group; on CompuServe in DL0 and DL4 of the IBMBBS SIG, DL1 of
LAWSIG, and DL1 of TELECOM; on GEnie in the PF*NPC RT
libraries and in the VIRUS/SECURITY library; from America Online in
the PC Telecom forum under "computing newsletters;"
On Delphi in the General Discussion database of the Internet SIG;
on the PC-EXEC BBS at (414) 789-4210; and on: Rune Stone BBS (IIRG
WHQ) (203) 832-8441 NUP:Conspiracy; RIPCO BBS (312) 528-5020
CuD is also available via Fidonet File Request from 1:11/70; unlisted
nodes and points welcome.
EUROPE:   from the ComNet in LUXEMBOURG BBS (++352) 466893;
          In ITALY: Bits against the Empire BBS: +39-461-980493

ANONYMOUS FTP SITES:
  UNITED STATES:  ftp.eff.org (192.88.144.4) in /pub/cud
                  etext.archive.umich.edu (141.211.164.18)  in /pub/CuD/cud
                  halcyon.com( 202.135.191.2) in /pub/mirror/cud
                  aql.gatech.edu (128.61.10.53) in /pub/eff/cud
  AUSTRALIA:      ftp.ee.mu.oz.au (128.250.77.2) in /pub/text/CuD.
  EUROPE:         nic.funet.fi in pub/doc/cud. (Finland)
                  ftp.warwick.ac.uk in pub/cud (United Kingdom)

COMPUTER UNDERGROUND DIGEST is an open forum dedicated to sharing
information among computerists and to the presentation and debate of
diverse views.  CuD material may  be reprinted for non-profit as long
as the source is cited. Authors hold a presumptive copyright, and
they should be contacted for reprint permission.  It is assumed that
non-personal mail to the moderators may be reprinted unless otherwise
specified.  Readers are encouraged to submit reasoned articles
relating to computer culture and communication.  Articles are
preferred to short responses.  Please avoid quoting previous posts
unless absolutely necessary.

DISCLAIMER: The views represented herein do not necessarily represent
            the views of the moderators. Digest contributors assume all
            responsibility for ensuring that articles submitted do not
            violate copyright protections.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1993 17:37:50 -0700
From: Rob Kling <[email-masked]>
Subject: File 1--SPECIAL ISSUE -- THE INFORMATION SOCIETY (Biblio list)

((MODERATORS' NOTE:  We continue our bibliographic resource series of
special issues.  If you are not interested in maintaining
bibliographies for research or other purposes, then you can stop
reading about here.  But, if you're into the academic/research game,
here's a wealth of cites.  This issue summarizes THE INFORMATION
SOCIETY, an eclectic multidiscpllinary journal. Although we do not
generally run long "promo blurbs," this one is an exception, because
it includes a helpful bibliography directly related to cyberspace
issues. Thanks to Rob Kling for pulling it together)).

+++++

      Information and Call for Papers for "The Information Society"
             journal, published quarterly by Taylor & Francis

	    Titles of recent articles published, Vol. 8 (1992)
                   and to be published in Vol. 9 (1993)

			    Subscription Form

       -----------------------------------------------------------

                         THE INFORMATION SOCIETY
                         An International Journal

   An "information revolution" is clearly underway.  The exponential
growth in computational capability per unit dollar will continue at least
for the next several decades.  Communication bandwidth is undergoing
simultaneous exponential growth.  Connectivity among individuals,
companies and nations is forming what some are calling "worldnet",
"cyberspace", "global grid" or "the matrix." These combined trends are
leading us into an Information Society in which wealth, power and freedom
of action derive from access to, and effective use of, information.

   "The Information Society" journal, published since 1981, is a forum for
thoughtful commentary about impacts, policies, system concepts and
methodologies related to these trends.  It is a refereed journal that
publishes scholarly articles, position papers, short communications and
book reviews on these topics.

   "The Information Society" is a multidisciplinary journal whose audience
includes policy- and decision-makers and scientists in government,
industry and education; managers concerned with the effects of the
information revolution on individuals, organizations and society; and
academic researchers and others with an interest in issues regarding the
Information Society.

   Among the topics addressed within the journal are:

   * the implications of the coming surge in electronic data interchange
     (EDI) among businesses globally,

   * the ability of companies to "outsource" portions of their information
     processing to different countries around the world, creating
     transborder data flow issues for the countries involved and
     increasing the rapidity with which jobs migrate globally,

   * fear of cultural imperialism and inundation,

   * options for, and implications of, various forms of "electronic
     democracy",

   * the rise of "virtual communities" of persons worldwide engaging in
     "many-to-many" communication among their participants, irrespective
     of borders or corporate structures.

   Articles published in Vol. 8 (1992) and forthcoming in Vol. 9 (1993)
include:

   Bankes, S., Builder, C.  Seizing the moment: harnessing the information
      technologies. 8(1), 1992.

   Chartrand, R.L.  Dreams and realities: the international dimension of the
      1991 white house conference on library and information services. 8(2),
      1992. (summary of conference proceedings, with brief articles by
      Bearman, T.C., Duncan, J.W., Rowe, G.R., Young, E.L., Bleakley, K.W.,
      Kroloff, G.M., Ganley, O.H., Horton, F.W.)

   Forester, T.  Megatrends or megamistakes: what ever happened to the
      information society?. 8(3), 1992.

   Parker, E.B.  Developing third world telecommunications markets. 8(3),
      1992.

   Swatman, P.M.C., Swatman, P.A.  EDI system integration: a definition and
      literature survey. 8(3), 1992.

   Markus, M.L., Bikson, T.K., El-Shinnawy, M., Soe, L.L.  Fragments of your
      communication: email, vmail, and fax. 8(4), 1992.

   Boon, J.A.  Information and development: some reasons for failures. 8(4),
      1992.

   Ronfeldt, D. Cyberocracy is coming. 8(4), 1992.

   Ciborra, C.U.  From thinking to tinkering: the grassroots of strategic
      information systems. 8(4), 1992.

   Foegen, J.H. From Cobol to diction. 8(4), 1992.

   Kling, R., Dunlop, C.  Controversies about computerization and the
      character of white collar worklife. 9(1), 1993.

   Calantone, R.J., Holsapple, C.W., Johnson, L.E.  Communication and
      communication support: an agenda for investigation. 9(1), 1993.

   Schoonmaker, S.  Trading on-line: information flows in advanced
      capitalism. 9(1), 1993.

   Arthur, C.  Zen and the art of ignoring information. 9(1), 1993.

   Mankin, D.  Review of Peter G.W. Keen, "Shaping the future: business
      design through information technology". 9(1), 1993.

   Kling, R.  Organizational analysis in computer science. 9(2), 1993.

   Bikson, T.K., Law, S.A.  Electronic mail use at the World Bank: messages
      from users. 9(2), 1993.

   Bikson, T.K., Law, S.A.  Electronic information media and records
      management methods: a survey of practices in United Nations
      organizations. 9(2), 1993.

   Martin, W.J., McKeown, S.F.  The potential of information and
      telecommunications technologies for rural development. 9(2), 1993.

   Lincoln, T.L., Essin, D.J., Ware, W.H.  The electronic medical record: a
      challenge for computer science to develop clinically and socially
      relevant computer systems to coordinate information for patient care
      and analysis. 9(2), 1993.

   Kling, R., Covi, L.  Review of Lee Sproull and Sara Kiesler "Connections:
      new ways of working in the networked organization". 9(2), 1993.

   Ware, W.  The New Faces of Privacy.  9(3), 1993.

   Soe, L.L., Markus, M.L.  Technological or social utility?  Unraveling
      explanations of email, vmail, and fax use.  9(3), 1993.

   Orlikowski, W.J.  Learning from Notes: organizational issues in
      groupware implementation.  9(3), 1993.

   Katz, J.E. and Hyman, M.H.  Dimensions of concern over telecom privacy
      in the United States.  9(3), 1993.

   Chen, Z.  Intelligence and discovery in an information society: an essay
      in memory of Derek de Solla Price.  9(3), 1993.

   Allen, J.P.  Review of "Microcomputers in african development: critical
      perspectives".  9(3), 1993.

Manuscripts should be sent in triplicate (or electronically by Internet)
to the editor-in-chief.  For manuscript format details, contact the editor
or see the inside back cover of an issue of the journal.

  editor-in-chief:
	Dr. Robert H. Anderson          tel: (310) 393-0411 x7597
	RAND Corporation                fax: (310) 393-4818
	1700 Main Street                internet: [email-masked]
	Santa Monica CA  90407-2138

To subscribe, the following form may be clipped and mailed to the address
below:

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                         THE INFORMATION SOCIETY
                   Published quarterly, ISSN 0197-2243

   ___ Please enter my institutional subscription to Volume 9 (1993)
       at US$86

   ___ Please enter my personal subscription to Volume 9 (1993) at US$43

   ___ Please send me a free sample copy

   Payment options:

   ___ Check/Money Order Enclosed   (please make checks payable to
		Taylor & Francis, in U.S. funds only)

   ___ Please charge my:  ___ VISA     __ MC     ___ Amex

	   Card # ________________________________  Exp date: _________

	   Signature: _________________________________________________

	   Telephone: ____________________________________
		      (required for credit card purchases)

   or BILL TO: (please print)

	Name _________________________________________________

	Institution __________________________________________

	Address ______________________________________________

	City _________________________________________________

	State ____________________________ Zip _______________

   SHIP TO (if different):

	Name _________________________________________________

	Institution __________________________________________

	Address ______________________________________________

	City _________________________________________________

	State ____________________________ Zip _______________

   Mail this form to:           Taylor & Francis Inc.
				1900 Frost Road, Suite 101
				Bristol PA  19007-1598
				toll free: 1-800-821-8312
				   or fax: 1-215-785-5515

   Outside the U.S. contact:    Taylor & Francis Ltd.
				Rankine Road
				Basingstoke, Hampshire
				RG24 0PR, United Kingdom
				tel: +44 (0) 256 840366
				fax: +44 (0) 256 479438

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                         THE INFORMATION SOCIETY
	       Vol. 1 No. 1 (1981) thru Vol. 9 No. 3 (1993)

Alavi, M.; Keen, P.G.W.  "Business teams in an information age"  The
Information Society, Vol. 6, No. 4 (1989) 179-195.

Allen, J.P.  Review of "Microcomputers in African development: critical
perspectives"  The Information Society, Vol. 9, No. 3 (1993).

Apte, U.  "Global outsourcing of information systems and processing
services"  The Information Society, Vol. 7, No. 4 (1990) 287-303

Arnbak, J.C.  "Many voices, one structure:  the challenge of telematics"
The Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 2 (1987) 101-118.

Arthur, C.  "Some remarks on information and religion"  The Information
Society, Vol. 6, No. 1-2 (1989) 021-027.

Arthur, C.  "Zen and the art of ignoring information"  The Information
Society, Vol. 9, No. 1 (1993) 051-060.

Bankes, S., Builder, C.  "Seizing the moment: harnessing the information
technologies"  The Information Society, Vol. 8, No. 1 (1992) 1-59.

Bannon, L.J.  "Note: report on the conference "information technology:
impact on the way of life"" The Information Society, Vol. 1, No. 4
(1982) 375-378.

Barr, C.; Kocken, M.  "Computer-related labor in the 1980s: supply and
demand"  The Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 2 (1984) 155-180.

Beaird, R.C.  "Communications:  commerce and culture"  The Information
Society, Vol. 1, No. 4 (1982) 281-305.

Bearman, T.C.  "A keynote to the pre-conference symposium on the
international aspects of the white house conference on library and
information services"  The Information Society, Vol. 8, No. 2 (1992)
71-75.

Becker, J.  "New departures in scientific and technical communication"
The Information Society, Vol. 1, No. 2 (1981) 133-142.

Becker, J.  "Document: public sector/private interaction in providing
information services"  The Information Society, Vol. 1, No. 3 (1982)
261-274.

Becker, J.  "Information technology:  prospects and implications"  The
Information Society, Vol. 4, No. 3 (1986) 221-230.

Becker, J.  "The concept of a University of the World"  The Information
Society, Vol. 6, No. 3 (1989) 083-092.

Besen, S.M.  "The regulation of telecommunications networks"  The
Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 3-4 (1984) 359-380.

Bikson, T.K., Law, S.A.  "Electronic mail use at the World Bank: messages
from users"  The Information Society, Vol. 9, No. 2 (1993).

Bikson, T.K., Law, S.A.  "Electronic information media and records
management methods: a survey of practices in United Nations
organizations"  The Information Society, Vol. 9, No. 2 (1993).

Black, S.H., Marchand, D.A.  "Assessing the value of information in
organizations: a challenge for the 1980s"  The Information Society, Vol.
1, No. 3 (1982) 191-226.

Blake, V.L.P, Surprenant, T.T.  "Electronic immigrants in the information
age: public policy considerations"  The Information Society, Vol. 7,
No. 3 (1990)  233-244

Bleakley, K.W.  "Global informatio in transition: new technologies and
competitive forces"  The Information Society, Vol. 8, No. 2 (1992) 97-99.

Boon, J.A.  "Information and development: some reasons for failures."
The Information Society, Vol. 8, No. 4  (1992) 227-242.

Bortnick, J.  "Information technology and the developing world:
opportunities and obstacles"  The Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 2
(1983) 157-170.

Bracken, M.C.  "Information technology in emergency response and
hazardous waste management"  The Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 4
(1985) 361-369.

Branscomb, A.W.  "Beyond deregulation:  designing the information
infrastructure"  The Information Society, Vol. 1, No. 3 (1982)
167-190.

Branscomb, A.W.  "Law and culture in the information society"  The
Information Society, Vol. 4, No. 4 (1986) 279-311.

Braunstein, Y.M.  "Information as a factor of production:
substitutability and productivity"  The Information Society, Vol. 3, No.
3 (1985) 261-273.

Broadbent, K.P.  "New information-communication technologies in
scientific communication:  implications for third-world users"
The Information Society, Vol. 7, No. 3 (1990) 202-232.

Brundtland, G.H.  "Developing distance education--the Broady lecture at
the fourteenth world conference on distance education"  The Information
Society, Vol. 6, No. 3 (1989) 077-082.

Buckley, F.J. Jr.  "Knowledge access issues"  The Information Society,
Vol. 5, No. 1 (1987) 045- 050.

Buckley, S.R., Yen, D.  "Group decision support systems: concerns for
success"  The Information Society, Vol. 7, No. 2 (1990) 109-123.

Budd, R.W.  "Limiting access to information:  a view from the leeward
side"  The Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 1 (1987) 041-044.

Calantone, R.J., Holsapple, C.W., Johnson, L.E.  "Communication and
communication support: an agenda for investigation"  The Information
Society, Vol. 9 No. 1 (1993) 031-038.

Calhoun, C.  "Comments on 'Democracy in an information society'"  The
Information Society, Vol. 4, No. 1-2 (1986) 115-122.

Caming, H.W.W.  "Protection of personal data in the United States"  The
Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 2 (1984) 113-130.

Case, D.; Rogers, E.  "The adoption and social impacts of information
technology in US agriculture" The Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 2
(1987) 057-066.

Cash, J.I. Jr.  "Interorganizational systems:  an information society
opportunity or threat?"  The Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 3 (1985)
199-228.

Chartrand, R.L.  "The many potentials of information technology for
emergency management"  The Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 4 (1985)
275-289.

Chartrand, R.L.  "Public laws and public access"  The Information
Society, Vol. 5, No. 1 (1987) 007-018.

Chartrand, R.L.  "Dreams and realities: the international dimension of
the 1991 white house conference on library and information services"
The Information Society, Vol. 8, No. 2 (1992) 61-70.

Chen, Z.  "Intelligence and discovery in an information society: an essay
in memory of Derek de Solla Price"  The Information Society, Vol. 9,
No. 3 (1993).

Ciborra, C.U.  "From thinking to tinkering: the grassroots of strategic
information systems"  The Information Society, Vol. 8, No. 4 (1992)
297-310.

Clement, A.  "Comments on 'Democracy in an information society'"  The
Information Society, Vol. 4, No. 1-2 (1986) 109-113.

Colby, W.E.  "Intelligence in the 1980s"  The Information Society, Vol.
1, No. 1 (1981) 053-069.

Cummings, M.M.  "Medical information services: for public good or
private profit?"  The Information Society, Vol. 1, No. 3 (1982)
249-260.

de Sola Pool, I.  "User interfaces"  The Information Society, Vol. 2,
No. 3-4 (1984) 429-445.

DeRaadt, J.D.R.  "Information machines and the brave new world"  The
Information Society, Vol. 6, No. 4 (1989) 139-152.

Dizard, W.P.  "The coming information age"  The Information Society,
Vol. 1, No. 2 (1981) 091-112.

Dizard, W.P.  "U.S. competitiveness in international information trade"
The Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 3-4 (1984) 179-216.

Dobson, J.E.  "Automated geography and emergency management"  The
Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 4 (1985) 347-359.

Downs, E.  "A contextual view of development information technology"
The Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 2 (1987) 119-132.

Duncan, J.W.  "The essentialities of productivity in information
services"  The Information Society, Vol. 8, No. 2 (1992) 77-82.

Dupagne, Michel  "High-definition television:  a policy framework to
revive U.S. leadership in consumer electronics"  The Information
Society, Vol. 7, No. 1 (1990) 053-076.

East, H.  "Information technology and the problems of less developed
countries"  The Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 1 (1983) 053-064.

Edfelt, R.  "Telematics public policy, and economic development with
special reference to Brazilian protectionism"  The Information Society,
Vol. 4, No. 3 (1986) 187-203.

Edwards, L.  "Information protectionism:  a clear and present danger?"
The Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 3 (1987-1988) 161-168.

Elam, J.; Edwards, D.; Mason, R.O.  "How US cities compete through
information technology:  securing an urban advantage"  The Information
Society, Vol. 6, No. 4 (1989) 153-178.

Engelbrecht, H.J.  "Information resources in US manufacturing:  a
reassessment"  The Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 3 (1987-1988)
147-159.

Feketekuty, G.; Aronson, J.D.  "Restrictions on trade in communication
and information services" The Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 3-4
(1984) 217-247.

Fitzsimmons, J.J.  "The information millenium"  The Information Society,
Vol. 5, No. 1 (1987) 051- 055.

Foegen, J.H. "From Cobol to diction"  The Information Society, Vol. 8,
No. 4 (1992) 313-315.

Forester, T.  "Megatrends or megamistakes:  what ever happened to the
information society"  The Information Society, Vol. 8, No. 2 (1992)
133-146.

Friedman, E.A.  "Machine-mediated instruction for work-force training
and education"  The Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 3-4 (1984)
269-320.

Frost, C.O.  "Introduction: policy issues in knowledge and information
access"  The Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 1 (1987) 001-006.

Ganley, O.H.  "Political aspects of communications and information
resources in Canada"  The Information Society, Vol. 1, No. 1 (1981)
079-080.

Ganley, O.H.  "International communications and information in the
1990s: forces and trends"  The Information Society, Vol. 8, No. 2 (1992)
109-118.

Giuffrida, L.O.  "Information systems:  key to effective management of
civil emergencies"  The Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 4 (1985)
291-301.

Goodman, S.E.; Kelly, M.R.  "We are not alone: a sample of international
policy challenges and issues"  The Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 3-4
(1984) 249-268.

Goodman, S.E.  "Socialist technological integration: the case of the
East European computer industries"  The Information Society, Vol. 3, No.
1 (1984) 039-089.

Gray, J.C.  "Information-policy problems in developing countries"  The
Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 1 (1983) 081-089.

Gurbaxani, V., Kraemer, K.L., King, J.L., Jarman, S., Dedrick, J.,
Raman, K.S., Yap, C.S. "Government as the driving force toward the
information society: national computer policy in Singapore"  The
Information Society, Vol. 7, No. 2 (1990) 155-185.

Hall, K.  "The economic nature of information"  The Information Society,
Vol. 1, No. 2 (1981) 143- 166.

Hart, J.A.  "The politics of global competition in the
telecommunications industry"  The Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 3
(1987-1988) 169-201.

Hayes, R.M.; Erickson, T.  "Added value as a function of purchases of
information services"  The Information Society, Vol. 1, No. 4 (1982)
307-338.

Heim, K.M.  "Information policy and the information professions"  The
Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 1 (1987) 025-033.

Hepworth, M.E.  "The geography of economic opportunity in the
information society"  The Information Society, Vol. 4, No. 3 (1986)
205-220.

Holsapple, C.W.; Whinston, A.B.  "Knowledge-based organizations"  The
Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 2 (1987) 077-090.

Holzman, D.L.  "The elusive office automation benefits"  The Information
Society, Vol. 1, No. 4 (1982) 357-373.

Holzman, D.L.  "Comments on 'Democracy in an information society':
computers and common sense"  The Information Society, Vol. 4, No. 1-2
(1986) 101-107.

Horton, F.W. Jr.  "Why information management is an international issue"
The Information Society, Vol. 8, No. 2 (1992) 119-126.

Hunter, A.M.  "State and local government liability for failing to use
reasonably available information and technology in emergency management"
The Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 4 (1985) 313-326.

Iwaasa, R.-S.  "Convivial messaging systems:  starting facts and figures
about electronic mail (messageries) for French households"  The
Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 4 (1987-1988) 265-269.

Jones, M.G.  "Telecommunications technologies:  new approaches to
consumer information dissemination"  The Information Society, Vol. 1,
No. 1 (1981) 031-052.

Jones, M.G.  "The challenge of the new information technologies:  the
need to respond to citizens' information needs"  The Information
Society, Vol. 2, No. 2 (1983) 145-156.

Kahn, R.E.  "Information processing technology for emergency management"
The Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 4 (1985) 303-311.

Karunaratne, N.D.  "Analytics of information and empirics of the
information economy"  The Information Society, Vol. 4, No. 4 (1986)
313-331.

Katz, J.E. and Hyman, M.H.  "Dimensions of concern over telecom privacy
in the United States"  The Information Society, Vol. 9, No. 3 (1993).

Katz, R.L.  "Measurement and cross-national comparisons of the
information work force"  The Information Society, Vol. 4, No. 4 (1986)
231-277.

Kendrick, J.G.  "Cycle times of information"  The Information Society,
Vol. 2, No. 2 (1983) 097- 106.

Kling, R.  "Value conflicts in public-oriented computing developments"
The Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 1 (1984) 001-038.

Kling, R.  "The struggles for democracy in an information society"  The
Information Society, Vol. 4, No. 1-2 (1986) 001-008.

Kling, R.  "More information, better jobs?: occupational stratification
and labaor-market segmentation in the United States' information labor
force"  The Information Society, Vol. 7, No. 2 (1990) 077-107.

Kling, R., Dunlop, C.  "Controversies about computerization and the
character of white collar worklife"  The Information Society, Vol. 9,
No. 1, (1993) 001-129.

Kling, R.  "Organizational analysis in computer science"  The Information
Society, Vol. 9, No. 2 (1993).

Kling, R., Covi, L.  Review of Lee Sproull and Sara Kiesler "Connections:
new ways of working in the networked organization"  The Information
Society, Vol. 9, No. 2 (1993).

Komiya, M.  "The Japanese computer industry:  an industrial policy
analysis"  The Information Society, Vol. 6, No. 1-2 (1989) 001-020.

Kroloff, G.M.  "The new world information order"  The Information
Society, Vol. 8, No. 2 (1992) 101-107.

Langdale, J.  "Computerization in Singapore and Australia"  The
Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 2 (1984) 131-153.

Laudon, K.C.  "Comments on 'Democracy in an information society':  the
dossier society"  The Information Society, Vol. 4, No. 1-2 (1986)
087-089.

Lett, R.D.  "Computers: the newest technology for American farmers"  The
Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 2 (1983) 121-129.

Li, T.  "Computer-mediated communications and the Chinese students in
the U.S."  The Information Society, Vol. 7, No. 2 (1990) 125-137.

Lincoln, T.L., Essin, D.J., Ware, W.H.  "The electronic medical record: a
challenge for computer science to develop clinically and socially
relevant computer systems to coordinate information for patient care
and analysis"  The Information Society, Vol. 9, No. 2 (1993).

Lowi, T.J.; Lytel, D.  "Comments on 'Democracy in an information
society':  making it a real revolution"  The Information Society, Vol.
4, No. 1-2 (1986) 091-099.

Lundahl, A.C., Brugioni, D.A.  "Aerial photography: world class disaster
fighter"  The Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 4 (1985) 327-346.

MacMullin, S.E.; Taylor, R.S.  "Problem dimensions and information
traits"  The Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 1 (1984) 091-111.

Maisonrouge, J.G.  "Regulation of international information flows"  The
Information Society, Vol. 1, No. 1 (1981) 017-030.

Mankin, D.  Review of Peter G.W. Keen, "Shaping the future: business
design through information technology"  The Information Society, Vol. 9,
No. 1 (1993) 061-069.

Mantei, M.M.  "Access, security, and integrity issues for electronic
databases:  commentary on 'Policy issues for electronic databases and
database systems' by Martha E. Williams"  The Information Society, Vol.
2, No. 3-4 (1984) 419-427.

Marien, M.  "Some questions for the information society"  The
Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 2 (1984) 181-197.

Markus, M.L., Bikson, T.K., El-Shinnawy, M., Soe, L.L.  "Fragments of your
communication: email, vmail, and fax."  The Information Society, Vol. 8,
No. 4 (1992) 207-226.

Martin, W.J., McKeown, S.F.  "The potential of information and
telecommunications technologies for rural development"  The Information
Society, Vol. 9, No. 2 (1993).

Mason, R.O.  "Designing information communities:  ethical issues in the
Information Age"  The Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 3 (1985)
229-239.

Mason, R.O.  "ISDN and the great conversation"  The Information Society,
Vol. 6, No. 3 (1989) 093- 108.

Matta, K.F.; Boutros, N.E.  "Barriers to electronic mail systems in
developing countries"  The Information Society, Vol. 6, No. 1-2 (1989)
059-068.

McKenny, J.L.  "Comments on 'User interfaces' by Ithiel de Sola Pool"
The Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 3-4 (1984) 447-450.

McLean Lamberton, D.  "Information, organization, and development
policy"  The Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 1 (1983) 035-051.

Montes, F.  "Comments on 'Democracy in an information society':
prospects for the era of computing -- a critical analysis"  The
Information Society, Vol. 4, No. 1-2 (1986) 065-085.

Morentz, J.W.  "Information technology in rural emergency management"
The Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 2 (1983) 131-143.

Morentz, J.W.  "'Saving Lives':  a computer simulation game for public
education about emergencies" The Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 4
(1985) 371-382.

Mumford, E.  "Comment: the information society: the risks and benefits
of microelectronic applications"  The Information Society, Vol. 1, No.
3 (1982) 275-280.

Nanus, B.  "Developing strategies for the information society"  The
Information Society, Vol. 1, No. 4 (1982) 339-356.

Narasimhan, R.  "The socioeconomic significance of information
technology to developing countries" The Information Society, Vol. 2, No.
1 (1983) 065-079.

Noble, G.  "The social significance of VCR technology:  TV or not TV?"
The Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 3 (1987-1988) 133-146.

Orlikowski, W.J.  "Learning from Notes: organizational issues in
groupware implementation"  The Information Society, Vol. 9, No. 3 (1993).

Orman, L.V.  "Public information systems"  The Information Society, Vol.
6, No. 1-2 (1989) 069- 076.

Parker, E.B.  "Information services and economic growth"  The
Information Society, Vol. 1, No. 1 (1981) 071-078.

Parker, E.B.  "Developing third world telecommunications markets"
The Information Society, Vol. 8, No. 2 (1992) 147-167.

Piatier, A.  "Transsectorial innovations and the transformation of
firms"  The Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 4 (1987-1988) 205-231.

Poirier, R.  "The information economy approach: characteristics,
limitations and future prospects"  The Information Society, Vol. 7,
No. 4  (1990) 245-285.

Presvelou, C.  "The use of information technologies in Dutch households"
The Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 4 (1987-1988) 245-264.

Renaud, J.-L.  "A conceptual framework for the examination of
transborder data flows"  The Information Society, Vol. 4, No. 3 (1986)
145-185.

Resnikoff, H.L.  "The information technology background"  The
Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 3-4 (1984) 173-178.

Roche, E.M.  "Brazilian informatics policy:  the high costs of building
a national industry"  The Information Society, Vol. 7, No. 1 (1990)
001-032.

Ronfeldt, D. "Cyberocracy is coming"  The Information Society, Vol. 8,
No. 4 (1992) 243-296.

Rowe, G.R.  "Multimedia technology as the catalyst for a new form of
literacy"  The Information Society, Vol. 8, No. 2 (1992) 83-90.

Ruzic, F.  "Teleports as precursors of the 21st century's information
society"  The Information Society, Vol. 6, No. 3 (1989) 109-116.

Samarajiva, R.  "Appropriate high tech:  scientific communication
options for small Third World countries"  The Information Society, Vol.
6, No. 1-2 (1989) 029-046.

Schatz-Bergfeld, M.  "The Northrhine-Westphalia project: 'Man and
Technology'"  The Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 4 (1987-1988)
233-244.

Schiller, J.I.  "Comments on 'Democracy in an information society'"  The
Information Society, Vol. 4, No. 1-2 (1986) 123-126.

Schoonmaker, S.  "Trading on-line: information flows in advanced
capitalism"  The Information Society, Vol. 9, No. 1 (1993) 039-049.

Shields, P.; Servaes, J.  "The impact of the transfer of information
technology on development"  The Information Society, Vol. 6, No. 1-2
(1989) 047-057.

Sieghart, P.  "The international implications of the development of
microelectronics"  The Information Society, Vol. 1, No. 1 (1981)
001-015.

Smith, K.A.; Healy, P.E.  "Transborder data flows:  the transfer of
medical and other scientific information by the United States"  The
Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 2 (1987) 067-076.

Smythe, R.T.  "H.R.3137 and the search for national information policy"
The Information Society, Vol. 1, No. 3 (1982) 227-248.

Soe, L.L., Markus, M.L.  "Technological or social utility?  Unraveling
explanations of email, vmail, and fax use"  The Information Society,
Vol. 9, No. 3 (1993).

Somasundarum, M.S.; Jaidev  "A perspective on natural and artificial
intelligence"  The Information Society, Vol. 6, No. 4 (1989) 197-209.

Sprehe, J.T.  "Federal policy on information access and dissemination"
The Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 1 (1987) 019-024.

Sterling, T.D.  "Democracy in an information society"  The Information
Society, Vol. 4, No. 1-2 (1986) 009-048.

Sterling, T.D.  "Democracy in an information society:  a rejoinder"  The
Information Society, Vol. 4, No. 1-2 (1986) 127-143.

Stoffle, C.J.  "Knowledge access in the academic library"  The
Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 1 (1987) 035-040.

Swatman, P.M.C., Swatman, P.A.  "EDI system integration: a definition
and literature survey"  The Information Society, Vol. 8, No. 2 (1992)
169-205.

Sweeney, G.P.  "Telematics and development"  The Information Society,
Vol. 1, No. 2 (1981) 113- 132.

Sweeney, G.P.  "The entrepreneurial firm as a learning system in the
information economy"  The Information Society, Vol. 5, No. 2 (1987)
091-099.

Targowski, A.S.  "Strategies and architecture of the electronic global
village"  The Information Society, Vol. 7, No. 3 (1990) 187-202

Tonn, B.E.  "Information technology and society:  prospects and
problems"  The Information Society, Vol. 3, No. 3 (1985) 241-260.

Tonn, B.  "Recommendations for decentralized information technology
innovation and management"  The Information Society, Vol. 7, No. 2
(1990) 139-154.

Trubow, G.B.  "Comments on 'Policy aspects of privacy and access' by
Willis H. Ware"  The Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 3-4 (1984)
351-357.

Turner, J.A.  "Comments on 'Democracy in an information society':  the
difficulty of projecting impacts from trajectories of emerging
technologies"  The Information Society, Vol. 4, No. 1-2 (1986)
053-063.

Ware, W.H.  "Policy aspects of privacy and access"  The Information
Society, Vol. 2, No. 3-4 (1984) 327-350.

Ware, W.H.  "The New Faces of Privacy"  The Information Society, Vol. 9,
No. 3 (1993).

Weingarten, F.W.  "Comments on 'Machine-mediated instruction for
work-force training and education' by Edward A. Freidman"  The
Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 3-4 (1984) 321-325.

Weingarten, F.W.  "Comments on 'Democracy in an information society'"
The Information Society, Vol. 4, No. 1-2 (1986) 049-052.

Westland, J.C.  "Topic-specific market concentration in the information
services industry:  Evidence from the DIALOG group of data bases"  The
Information Society, Vol. 6, No. 3 (1989) 127-138.

Westland, J. C.  "Collaboration and productivity in information systems
research"  The Information Society, Vol. 7, No. 1 (1990) 033-051.

White, R.A.; McDonnell, J.M.  "Priorities for national communication
policy in the Third World"  The Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 1
(1983) 005-033.

Williams, M.E.  "Policy issues for electronic databases and database
systems"  The Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 3-4 (1984) 381-417.

Woodrow, R.B.  "Telecommunications and information networks:  growing
international tensions and their underlying causes"  The Information
Society, Vol. 6, No. 3 (1989) 117-125.

Young, E.L.; Bransford, L.A.  "Telecommunications in rural America:  an
appraisal and a prediction" The Information Society, Vol. 2, No. 2
(1983) 107-121.

Young, E.L.  "Reflections on democracy: channels and challenges"  The
Information Society, Vol. 8, No. 2 (1992) 91-95.

------------------------------

End of Computer Underground Digest #5.68
************************************